chicken ham pie recipe puff pastry
These would make a delicious lunchtime treat, or you could slice them into small squares to use as appetizers. These could be taken to Super Bowl parties or other events that require an appetizer. Adapted by Ina Garten.
Basic ingredients for chicken ham pie recipe puff pastry
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- Two Tablespoons Dijon mayonnaise
- 1/4 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound cut deli Swiss cheese
- 1 egg beat with 1 Tablespoon water to make an egg wash
How to make chicken ham pie recipe puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Now put a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Place 1 sheet of puff pastry onto a floured surface. Roll it out until 10×12″.
- Spread the puff pastry on a floured surface and roll it out to 10 x 12 inches. Layer the cheese and ham on top. The second sheet of puff pastry should be placed on the floured board.
- Roll it out to 10×12. After this, Place the second sheet of puff pastry on top of the filled pastry. Line up the edges. Now Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the edges and then press them together lightly.
- Now To allow steam to escape, brush the top with egg wash. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown and puffy. Let cool, then serve warm or cold.