charlotte russe recipe mary berry
Basic ingredients for charlotte russe recipe mary berry
- 23-25 Ladyfingers
- Berry Sauce
- 10oz (30g), mixed berries, fresh and frozen
- 2 tbsp (30ml), lemon juice
- 2 1/2 to 7g, gelatin powder
- 3 1/3 tbsp (445ml), cold water
- Mascarpone Filling: 1 Pound (450g), mascarpone, room temp
- 1 3/4 cup (325g) Whipping Cream, 35%fat
- 3 tbsp (224g), powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (80g), whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon (3g), gelatin powder 1 cup (15ml)
- 1 tbsp water
How to make charlotte russe recipe mary berry
- Before you prepare the mascarpone, let the berry sauce cool down. Place the berries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes, stirring now and again, until it thickens.
- Take off heat, and strain to get rid of seeds.
- While the sauce is being prepared, prepare the gelatin. Let the gelatin dissolve in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat gelatin on low heat until it dissolves. Then, pour it over the berry sauce. Allow the berry sauce to cool at room temperature before you start making the rest.
- Line a springform pan 8″ (20 cm) in diameter with parchment paper. Ladyfingers can be used to line the edges and bottom. To fill in the gaps, trim the ladyfingers if necessary.
- Make berry and chocolate mousse fillings. Now Combine the cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place it over a saucepan of simmering water. Let cool on low heat.
- Make the gelatin. Let gelatin dissolve in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Let gelatin melt in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Now Mix the mascarpone and powdered sugar in a large bowl until well combined. After this, Whip the whipping cream in a separate bowl until it forms stiff peaks. Next, add the whipped cream to the mascarpone mix.
- Divide the mixture into two.
- Combine half the mascarpone with melted chocolate, and pour it onto the bottom of a pan. Sprinkle fresh raspberries and mixed berries over the top. Allow cooling in the refrigerator for between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Mix the berry mixture with half of the mascarpone mixture. It should be poured on top of the chocolate mousse.
- Allow to cool for at least 6 hours, or overnight, until set.
- Decorate the platter with fresh berries, mint leaves, and ribbon before serving.