carrot and lentil soup recipe jamie Oliver
Basic ingredients for carrot and lentil soup recipe jamie oliver
- 150g carrots
- 75g Red Lentils
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/4-inch of the medium-sized white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup cumin powder
- 1/2 cup salt
- 750ml vegetable broth
How to make carrot and lentil soup recipe jamie oliver
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, and red chili. After the onions are soft, add the chopped carrots. Sauté for another minute, then reduce the heat.
- Add the vegetable stock, spice powder, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and scrape off any scum. Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Serve the soup in a bowl with spring onions and olive oil. Enjoy with crusty bread