butternut squash and red pepper soup
Basic ingredients for butternut squash and red pepper soup
- Butternut squash 3-4 lbs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red pepper
- 7 cloves garlic
- 32 oz chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil Salt
How to make butternut squash and red pepper soup
- Squash can be cut, peeled, and removed from the skin. Slice into 1-inch rounds. Peel and cut onion. Cut into quarters. Separate layers. Peel, smash and chop garlic cloves.
- Mix all vegetables with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Place in a baking pan. Salt to taste. For 45 minutes, bake at 375F or 190C. Prepare your pepper. Lightly oil the pepper and place it directly on the gas stovetop while the vegetables are baking. Now You can grill the vegetables or broil them in an oven.
- Cook until they are evenly charred around the edges. Cover the vegetables in a bowl for at least 15 minutes. Once they are cooked, transfer them to a soup pan. Place on medium heat. Add 32 oz broth. Allow to simmer on medium heat for 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to fall apart.
- Allow cooling on the stove for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, you can peel the pepper. Use a paper towel to remove any charred skin. Do not rinse. Take out the seeds and chop the remaining pepper. Once the soup has cooled, you can use a blender, food processor, immersion blender, or food processor to puree it, adding half of the roasted bell pepper.
- Now To adjust the thickness of the soup, return to the stovetop and add more broth or water. Season the fish with salt and pepper. After this, Serve with a dollop or two of sour cream, roasted bell peppers, and sliced green onion.