betty crocker chicken pot pie
This homemade chicken pot dish is just one of the ideal comfort food recipes! This chicken pot pie includes a buttery crust, a more creamy and rich filling.
Basic Ingredients for betty crocker chicken pot pie
- 31/2 cups (440g) All-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (245g) Cold butter, cubed (unsalted)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 8 tbsp Cold-water
- For the meeting:
- 1/2 cup (115g) Steak
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 34 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Two Carrots, diced
- 1 3/4 cups (420ml) Chicken inventory
- 1 tbsp thyme
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- Egg wash
How to make betty crocker chicken pot pie
- Get the crust: In a food processor process bread, cold and salt cubed butter. Process until they’re formed. Add cold water process until the dough has been formed. Don’t over mix.
- Split the dough into two sections (40/60), Shape into balls and then flatten into a disc. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Get the filling: in a huge pot over moderate heat, melt the butter. Add smashed garlic and sauté for 1 second.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring continuously till stirring. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and cream. Add grilled chicken, frozen peas, thyme, pepper, salt, and parsley. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Construction: Roll the bigger section of bread to approximately 1112 inches (30cm) in diameter. Put into an 8 9 inch (20-23cm) pan). Fill with grilled poultry mix. Brush around the outer border of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Roll out the 2nd region of the pastry to about 10 11 inches (25-28cm), put in addition to the filling. Reduce and pinch the edges of the crust together. With a little and sharp knife slice several tiny slits at the upper crust for steam to escape and then brush the egg wash.
- After thirty seconds put in a pie crust guard or aluminum foil at the top of the dish when the crust is still becoming brown too fast.
- Allow cooling for 15 minutes before working out.