best coq au vin recipe jamie Oliver
Basic ingredients for best coq au vin recipe jamie Oliver
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 4 ounces of good bacon or pancetta.
- 1 pound chicken, chopped in 8ths Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cognac (375ml) good dry wine such as Burgundy
- 1 pound chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup Cognac or good brandy
- 1/2 cup good chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 10 fresh Thyme sprigs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound frozen small, whole onions
How to make best coq au vin recipe jamie oliver
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof Dutch oven.
- Cook the bacon on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until it is lightly browned. Now With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate.
- Pat dry the chicken on paper towels while you prepare the bacon. After this, Salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken. After the bacon has been removed, cook the pieces of chicken in small batches for approximately 5 minutes. Now turn the chicken over halfway through to ensure that it browns evenly.
- Continue to brown the chicken until it is all cooked. Set aside. Place the carrots, onions, and 2 teaspoons of salt in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions become lightly browned.
- Cook for one more minute. Then add the Cognac to the pot. Add the bacon, chicken, and any juices from the plate to the pot. Bring to a boil the wine, chicken stock, thyme, and water.
- After this, Place the lid on the pot and bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink. Place the pot in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Mix 1 tablespoon butter with the flour and add to the stew. Add the frozen onions. Add the butter to a medium skillet.
- Cook the mushrooms for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat, or until they are browned. Add the mushrooms to the stew. Cook the stew for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.