Basic ingredients for beetroot gravadlax
- 600g (21oz) of salmon fillets with skin and bones removed.
- Freeze the salmon fillets if you purchase a fresh one to reduce the risk of getting sick
- 85g (3oz), granulated sugar
- 85g/3 oz, salt 1 teaspoon white pepper 400g (14oz), raw beetroot
How to make beetroot gravadlax
- You can either grate the beetroots by hand or use a food processor. Now Mix the sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add the beetroots to the bowl and blend. After this, Place the salmon skin side down in a ceramic dish.
- Cover the salmon with the cure mixture. Now Wrap the salmon in plastic wrap and place it on a plate. Next, let the salmon cure for 48 hours in the refrigerator.
- After the time has expired, remove the salmon from the dish and scrape off any remaining cure. The cure can be rinsed under cold water. After that, dry the fish with a towel or cloth. Now The flesh should be firm and bright red. The gravadlax can be kept in the refrigerator for up to five days.