apple charlotte recipe
Basic ingredients for apple charlotte recipe
- 6 firm, tart apples
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter plus extra
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar zest
- 1 Orange 1/4 Cup apricot jelly
- 10-12 slices of egg bread, crust removed
How to make apple charlotte recipe
- First Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (190 C). Butter a 6-cup (1.55 L) charlotte dish, a souffle, or any other flat-sided baking dish. You can also cut a circle from parchment to fit in the bottom of your dish. Butter this area generously.
- Core, peel, and slice the apples. Place the butter and apples in a large skillet on medium heat. Stir frequently until the butter is melted and the juice has stopped cooking for approximately 10 minutes. Cook for a few more minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Once the jam has melted, stir in the glaze. Then remove the pan from heat and let cool.
- You can cut pieces of bread to cover the sides and bottom of the buttered dish. You can make the sides with rectangles of bread that are slightly overlapped while allowing a few slices to be used for the top of your charlotte. Place the apples in the dish. It is fine if they are still warm. If the apples don’t fill the dish, it is okay. If necessary, cut a piece of parchment into a circle large enough to support the apples. Cover the bread with foil if necessary.
- Bake the charlotte in the oven for 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Then, take it out of the oven and remove the parchment. If the apples don’t reach the top of your pan, you can fold the toasted bread tops over the apples to cover them. You can also use the reserved bread to fill in any gaps. (If the apples reach the top of your pan, cover it completely with the reserved bread. The charlotte should be returned to the oven for 15-20 minutes more, or until the top layer is toasted.
- The charlotte should be cooled to room temperature (about 90 minutes), before being placed on a platter. The charlotte can be cut into wedges and served in wedges. It will taste like an apple pie. Preparing ahead is possible by covering the charlotte with bread, and then filling the dish with the filling. However, do not bake the charlotte until you are ready to serve it. Enjoy this apple charlotte recipe mary berry.