apple and blackberry crumble recipe
Hello! Here is my simple recipe for blueberry and apple crumble. This recipe takes only 15 minutes to prepare. Mix everything in the baking dish. Any berries or apples can be used. You can use any combination of the berries or apples you like. You can either leave out the berries and the apples or completely change the fruit.
Corn flour and masa harina are not recommended as they will impart a distinctive flavor. You can also use gluten-free oatmeal instead of flour in the topping.
Gluten-free cornflakes can be used in place of flour and oats in the crumble topping. Follow the recipe except that you will change the flour and the oats to ground cornflakes and 1/3 of the butter. I hope you enjoy the recipe and will try it.
Basic ingredients for apple and blackberry crumble recipe
- Filling: 6 cups apples (I used Honeycrisp)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Lemon juice Crumble: 3/4 cup butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
How to make apple and blackberry crumble recipe
- You can also add star anise and clove to cinnamon and allspice. You can use any spices with apples and fruits. Now Cover with foil and bake at 375F for 45 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake until golden brown. Watch your crumble carefully after 30 minutes. The size of the apple pieces will affect the baking time. It will bake quicker if they are smaller than usual.
- If they are larger it will take longer to bake. Every oven is different, so it may be necessary to adjust the heat to bake your crumble better.