apple and blackberry crumble cake
Basic ingredients for apple and blackberry crumble cake
- 250g Salted butter (room temperature)
- 250g Golden Cast Sugar
- One tsp Vanilla Extract
- Four Free-range eggs
- 252g Self-raising flour
- 150g Plain flour
- 75g Butter
- 75g Gold caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 200g Blackberries,
- 1 Cooking Apple
- 1 Lemon
- 100g Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Star anise buttercream
- 200g Icing sugar
- 100g Butter room temp
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to make apple and blackberry crumble cake
- First of all, Combine the butter, sugar, and egg in a bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. The vanilla and the egg yolks should be added one at a. Mix well. Mix the flour with the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into two 20 cm sandwich tins. To make the crumble topping, combine the butter and flour. Then add the sugar and cinnamon to the mixture and mix well. The crumble mixture will be sprinkled over the top of one of the cakes.
- After this, Bake at 170C for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops feel firm to the touch. To make the compote, place all ingredients in a non-stir saucepan and heat on medium heat. The compote should not be stirred too often as it can cause the fruit to become too mushy.
- After this, the liquid has been reduced by 1/2, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool. Mix the buttercream ingredients. Beat until smooth. After the cakes have been baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- After this, Spread the buttercream over the top of the cakes that do not have the crumble. Spread the buttercream on the cake, leaving a raised lip to hold the apple and blackberry compote. Top the compote with the crumble topping cake.