apple and blackberry cake mary berry
Basic ingredients for apple and blackberry cake mary berry
- 150g self-raising flour,
- 125g softened fat,
- 125g caster Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda soda
- 100g blackberries
- 3 apples (or any type) I used home-grown cooking apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon for garnish
- For the topping, sprinkle with light brown sugar
How to make apple and blackberry cake mary berry
- Preheat the heated oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Butter a round, loose-bottomed cake pan 22 cm in diameter and line it with baking paper. In a large bowl, beat the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs one at a time until you have used about two-thirds of the mixture. Mix the remaining egg mixture with the sieved flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Combine everything well 6. Cut your apples into thin slices.
- Mix the batter with the remaining apples and add the blackberries. Place the mixture in a bowl and mix well. Now Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar on top of the mixture.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for about 50 minutes or until a knife/ skewer comes out clean. After this, Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack. Once it has cooled, slice it. Enjoy!