angel food cake recipe
Basic Ingredients for angel food cake recipe
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2 Eggwhites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 11/2 tsp cream of tartar
How to make angel food cake recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together 11/2 cups powdered sugar with salt, and cake flour. Setaside.
- In another large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together egg whites, water, vanilla extract, vanilla extract, and cream of tartar. Whip for 2 minutes. Slowly include the remaining inch 1/2 cups of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkle a number of this flour mix on top of the rigid egg peaks and gently fold in. Repeat this method to gradually fold all the remaining pasta mixture.
- Scrape to an ungreased tube pan.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes, till the surface is lightly browned and is dry to your touch.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately invert onto a cooling rack or simply by placing a bottle in through the center. Let cool in pan 11/2 hrs. Harness both sides and also bottom and gently remove the cake from the pan.