American goulash recipe
This comfort food from America is made with ground beef, pasta, and a tomato-based sauce. It’s no wonder it’s been loved by many for more than 100 years.
Basic Ingredients for American goulash recipe
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oils
- 1 large yellow or white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups beef broth
- 30 ounces can of tomato sauce
- 30 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
How do you make American goulash recipe
- Heat a 6-quart saucepan on medium heat. After this, Cook the ground beef until it is browned but not cooked through. Drain any grease from the pan and return it to medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil. Stir in the onion. Continue to saute for 5 to 7 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add garlic, chili powder, paprika. Toast for 1-2 minutes. 4 Adds beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and salt. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and onion powder.
- Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Now Once the water has boiled, turn down the heat and simmer for fifteen to twenty more minutes.
- Add elbow noodles. Cook for another fifteen minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Mix in the cheddar cheese. Stir until smooth. Serve warm.