american cheesecake recipe jamie Oliver
Basic ingredients for american cheesecake recipe jamie oliver
- 1 cup (225g) Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp (25g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melt, and extra for greasing the pan
- CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS:4 pkg 250g cream cheese packages at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 Tbsp (275g) sugar
- 3 Tbsp (22g) cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (4 g) finely grated lemon zest
- 3 large eggs whole – 1 large yolk
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) sour cream (not low-fat), divided
- 2 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
How to make american cheesecake recipe jamie oliver
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (176 C).
- To make the crust, mix the sugar, melted butter, and graham crumbs until well combined.
- Now Press this mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Let cool for 10 minutes. Use a little butter to brush the sides of your pan.
- CHEESECAKE DIRECTIONS:Mix the cream cheese with the butter until it becomes light and fluffy. You will add the 1/4 cup of sugar one at a time, scraping down the bowl as you go.
- Mix in the vanilla, cornstarch, and lemon zest.
- Begin by beating the eggs at a slower speed. After each addition, scrape the bowl and then add the yolk.
- After this, Keep the mixer on low speed and add 3/4 cup of sour milk. This should be poured over the crust.
- Bake the cheesecake at 400oF (205 C), for 10 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 215oF (107 C), and bake for another 25 minutes. After the cheesecake has been baked, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the sour cream layer while the cheesecake bakes.
- Mix the 3/4 cup of sour milk with 2 Tbsp sugar and the lemon juice. This should be spread over the cheesecake immediately after it comes out of the oven.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely at room temperature. Next, use a spatula to gently loosen the cheesecake from its pan. Finally, chill the cheesecake for at most 6 hours before cutting and serving. You can keep the cheesecake refrigerated for up to four days.