almond slices recipe
Basic ingredients for almond slices recipe
- 1 package of shortcrust pastry
- 3 tablespoons Seedless Raspberry Jam
- 8oz/225g Cast Sugar
- 8oz/225g Icing Sugar
- 12oz/ 340g Ground Almonds
- 2 medium Eggs The whites and yolks of 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2oz/55g blanched almonds to sprinkle over the top
How to make almond slices recipe
- Pre-heat oven 180 C / 350F / Gas Mark 4. Butter your baking pan (square or rectangular). Now Roll out your pastry to about the same width as a pound coin.
- Place the pastry in the bottom of the tin. Press it along the sides.
- Combine the caster sugar and the icing sugar with almonds.
- Mix the sugars/almonds with the eggs, egg whites & almond essence till smooth
- This mixture will look like a thick cake mix.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the jam layer. Sprinkle the blanched almonds onto the top. Now Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes.