aga christmas cake
Basic ingredients for aga christmas cake
- 300g raisins
- 300g sultanas
- 100g apricots
- 100g dried figs, chopped Finely grated zest, and juice of 2 oranges
- 100ml Cointreau
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 175g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease
- 175g dark brown muscovado sugar
- 3 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g plain flour
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp ground cloves
- 2tsp mixed spice Brandy, or Cointreau, to feed (optional)
How to make aga christmas cake
- First of all, In a large bowl, combine the orange zest, juice, Cointreau, vanilla, and fruit.
- Now mix well, cover with cling wrap, and let sit for at least 24 hours or up to 2 days.
- After this, Mix the butter, sugar, and milk in a large bowl. Beat with an electric whisk for about 2-3 minutes until it becomes light and creamy. Begin to whisk in the beaten eggs. Remember If the mixture begins to curdle, add a little flour. Add the rest of the flour, cinnamon, cloves, and mixed spice.
- Mix the soaked fruits in a bowl. Stir well.
- Bake at 150degC (130degC fan mark 2) for 1hr 40min, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the pan to cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes. Once it is cool, remove it from the tin and wrap it with foil.
- Now Keep it in a dark, cool place for 3 months.
- You can serve your Christmas cake by pricking the top with a skewer. Sprinkle 1 tbsp Cointreau or brandy on top. Wrap it again and keep it as usual. For a stronger flavor, feed every couple of weeks.